Ingredients for about 20 napolitaines
- 375g unsalted butter
- 500g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- raspberry jam
- 400g icing sugar
- pink food colouring
Prep:10min › Extra time:30min chilling › Bake:30min
- In a bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Add the softened butter and mix until well until combined (5 to 10 minutes).
- Shape the dough into a soft ball.
- Wrap it in plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough evenly, about 0.5 to 1 cm thick
- Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or a glass
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 30 minutes, making sure not to over bake them (if the middle is no longer soft when you press it, it’s ready)
- Let the cookies cool down on a rack
- Spoon 1/2 tsp of jam in the center of one cookie
- Gently place another cookie on top and press lightly
- Place on a grill with a baking tray beneath
- Add the sifted icing sugar, food colouring and 7 tbsp of water in a sauce pan
- Place on low heat, and stir well until everything is combined and the sugar has dissolved into a thick syrup.
- Stir vigorously until well combined. Remove from heat
- Immediately pour or spoon the liquid over the cookies, coating them in one go
- Let the icing cool until firm and enjoy!